Foros » Foros sobre libros y lectura

Why Not Have A Try Of CHUNMEE 41022?

• 3 de enero de 2020, 11:01:45 p. m. PST

CHUNMEE 41022, in my opinion, is one of the classic Green Teas. An “old standard” if you will, a tea that you can always count on. And this Chun Mee from Enjoying Tea certainly would fit that classification.

The aroma of the dry tea reminds me a bit of cut grass, and the dry leaves look slightly dusty and this is a tea that does well with a quick ‘rinse’ or ‘awakening’ of the leaves. To do this, simply add hot (but not boiling) water over the leaves, let steep for about 10 or 15 seconds, and then dispose of the liquid and then begin the steeping process as you normally would. Of course, you don’t have to do this, but, I find that the flavor of the tea greatly improves by this quick 15 second rinse.

The flavor is sweet and a little bit grassy and there is a background of fruit-like tones that does (as the description suggests) taste a bit like plum. There is also a faint floral note in the background as well as a bitter note that is an interesting contrast to the sweetness of this cup. The finish offers a strong astringency that is drying and rather refreshing, especially when you are sampling cookies or other tasty sweets along with your tea.

Enjoying Tea describes this tea as

CHUNMEE 41022 is produced in China and referred by the Chinese as “Precious Eyebrows”. The leaves are carefully hand rolled to the shape of eye-brows and then pan-fired. This tea produces a pale yellowish liquid and is known for its plum-like sweetness and smoothness. We offer a special grade Chun Mee that yields more smoothness than the standard grades.

I prefer this tea hot, as I find the astringency to be a bit less enjoyable when the tea is iced. It doesn’t need sweetener because it has a lovely sweetness on its own, although I do find a thin slice of sweet orange (or candied ginger) to be a nice addition to this tea. And, like I said, it is especially nice when served with cookies or other sweets.

I really enjoyed CHUNMEE 41022 for exactly the reason that I mentioned at the start of this review. I find CHUNMEE 41022 to be a comforting classic, something that is nice to turn to once in a while – like a hug from an old friend.